Clinic 34 is a specialist sexual health service that provides testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections (STIs), HIV/AIDS and hepatitis C.
All Services are free and confidential and do not require a Medicare Card
Services at the Clinic
- Testing and treatment for sexually transmitted infections including HIV and hepatitis C
- HIV post exposure prophylaxis (emergency HIV prevention medication)
- Condoms and the emergency contraceptive pill (morning after pill)
- Referral service for General Practitioners and other primary health carers
- Needle and Syringe Program outlet - for other outlets contact Northern Territory AIDS & Hepatitis Council (NTAHC).
- We do not provide general medical care, pap smears or ongoing contraception - please see a GP, Family Planning or your local community clinic for these things.
What to expect when you come to the clinic
The doctor or nurse will ask you questions to help them decide which tests you will need.
If you have no symptoms then you will be asked go the clinic toilet and take your own sample; men provide a urine sample and women take their own vaginal swabs.
If you have symptoms, then you may need to be examined. Usually we will treat you immediately if you have symptoms of an infection.
Test results are usually returned within 7 days. We normally send you an SMS (text) to to let you know.
If you have an STI your partner will need to be tested and treated. Clinic staff can contact your partner without giving your name or you can tell them yourself.