Download: Nutrition and Physical Activity Program Action Plan 2007 - 2012 (Adobe PDF document - 577KB).
The Nutrition and Physical Activity Program's priority areas of action are:
- maternal and child nutrition
- nutrition during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- nutrition of children under five years
- nutrition of school aged children
- food supply
- availability, affordability and adequate consumption of core foods in remote communities
- commercial and non-commercial food services
- fruit and vegetable consumption
- participation in regular physical activity
- healthy weight for all
- prevention and management of Chronic Disease.
In remote areas, the focus is on the promotion of healthy lifestyle and management of people with nutrition related conditions. In urban areas, services also include individual and group consultations through community care centres.
The Program works in partnership with other sectors to promote improved nutrition through better food supply and the development of supportive environments for active living.