Some health issues are unique to, more common, or more serious for women. These include sexual and reproductive health (including family planning), child birth and support for parenting, breast and cervical cancer prevention, the profound impact of family and sexual violence, primary care giving, and stress relating to the multiple roles women play.
The role of the DHCS Women's Health Strategy Unit (WHSU) is:
- To inform policy development in relation to Women's Health issues in the NT
- To set strategic directions in relation to Women's Health issues in the NT
- To facilitate action in partnership with stakeholders to develop and implement best practice models that improve women's health.
For more information about the Women's Health Strategy Unit please contact us.
- National Cervical Screening Program
- BreastScreen Australia
- Australian Cancer Society
- National Breast Cancer Centre
- Breast Health Link